AchievePoint Career Academy’s Plan for use of Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief Fund (ESSER III) American Rescue Plan (ARP) Funds:
1. Safety mitigation strategies/plan
- As we enter the 2021/2022 school year, AchievePoint will continue to follow all Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)and Cincinnati Health Department guidelines regarding the following:
- mask policy and mandates
- Physical distancing
- Handwashing and respiratory etiquette
- Contact tracing
- Cleaning and maintaining a healthy facility
- AchievePoint is committed to ensuring a clean and safe school environment. The School installed two new I-wave commercial air cleaners to improve ventilation and provide air that is as clean as possible. Additionally, the School installed touchless door openers, soap and towel dispenses. AchievePoint will continue to monitor the facility to ensure safety.
- All AchievePoint employees have been provided the opportunity to be vaccinated. The School is committed to working with the local health department to provide resources to ensure students and families can be vaccinated.
- AchievePoint is committed to providing necessary accommodations for students with disabilities.
2. Describe how the school will ensure continuity of services including but not limited to services to address the students’ academic needs, and students’ and staff social, emotional, mental health and other needs, which may include student health and food services:
- AchievePoint is committed to ensuring continuity of all school services.
- AchievePoint staff, faculty and security will be available to students over the summer break. Students will have the option to attend campus or to take classes online with remote support to provide learning recovery to all students.
- AchievePoint plans to add additional technology as part of its curriculum to ensure an engaging and real world learning environment and experience.
- AchievePoint is expanding its support staff for the 2021/2022 school year to ensure students have even more academic and social emotional support. While these employees will provide many resources, their primary responsibilities will be:
- Learning recovery coaching and support
- Graduation planning
- Career and post secondary goals and plans
- Social and emotional support and resources
3. Describe how the school will engage in meaningful consultation with stakeholders:
- AchievePoint will consult with the following stakeholders on a regular basis through a variety of forums to include formal and informal meetings and surveys:
- Board of Directors
- Faculty and staff
- Neighboring schools
- School and community partners
4. Please state the next review period for this plan: (must be at least every six months):
- AchievePoint will review its ESSER plan at least every six months (by 12/15/2021). If there is a more immediate need for adjustments, the plan will be reviewed at an earlier date.